Saturday, January 19, 2013

Shailene Woodley Talks About Her Interest in Joining Divergent as Tris (VIDEO)

MTV has recently chatted with Shailene Woodley at the Sundance Festival in Utah and she was able to talked about why she became interested in Divergent.



On reading the book and on participating in big films:

“I didn’t [read the book prior to auditioning]. I read the book – I thought it was really… my whole thing, to be honest, was that I never wanted to do big films. Especially one that was similar to Hunger Games or Twilight. Something with a huge fan base that would carry on for multiple years.”


Why did she join Divergent?

“After reading the book I was really profoundly moved. [The book is] very metaphorical for things that are going on today. Specifically things that I’m passionate about, and things I want to make public, and things I want to educate people on. So I think it’s a really great platform.”

When asked what in the book happens in real life today:

“In Divergent people are injected with this serum and then controlled by it. And I think it’s really funny that right now we’re beginning to chip our dogs and chip our babies. That’s just a small example, I could go on for hours. There’s also mind control that gets dealt with in Divergent – that’s going on today, nobody knows about that.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More